Listen to today's scripture reading! Listen up - these words are full of fullness! Colossians 1 18 And he (Jesus) is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, 20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.
In just a few verses look at things we are told about Jesus:
- in charge of the church - in all times and in all places - that's a lot to be in charge of
- first to rise from the dead - never to die again with all who believe in Him to follow!
- reigns supreme in everything - now there is an over achiever - He can handle it - I can't- better to let Him lead!
- the one who pleases God - reminds me of the Father's words at Jesus baptism, "In Him I am well pleased!"
- contains within Himself the fullness of God - so when we get Jesus we are getting God in the full!
- reconciles all things to God - WOW! That is what I constantly need, to reconnect with God!
- Makes peace through His sacrifice on the cross - Peace made possible through Jesus! Peace is allusive no more!
Today I take a step of faith into believing that the Jesus who is available to me and desires to fill me constantly with His fullness is truly the Jesus described above! Why would I want to be in charge of my life when He is so much better qualified!
There is nothing that I will bring to Him that He cannot handle - has not already handled!
Today I think I am supposed to embrace the "fullness" of Jesus - He truly is the one and only!