Giving Tangible Grace to those in vulnerable times is “who we are” as followers of Jesus!
Matthew 18:3-4 3 And he said: “I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. 4 Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
· Children are essentially needy ,unable , and dependent on others
· Jesus redefines greatness in terms of dependence and neediness
· "unless you become like children", unless you grasp your true neediness you will never enter the kingdom
Matthew 19:14-15 14 Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.” 15 When he had placed his hands on them, he went on from there.
· Jesus was counter-cultural when it came to children:
He noticed them! He valued them!
Matthew 5:3 “Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
· Has nothing to do with material wealth .
· Think of poverty in one's spirit ; a thirst for God!
What about us?
· True greatness requires total dependence!
· Humility is absolutely necessary to effectively and consistently bring Tangible Grace in Vulnerable Times!
"There but for the grace of God, go I"!
DAILY SCRIPTURE READINGS:
Monday: Matthew 18:1-5
Tuesday: Matthew 19:13-15
Wednesday: Matthew 5:1-3
Thursday: Hebrews 12:7-9
Friday: Ephesians 6:1-4
Saturday: Proverbs 13:1