“Joining Jesus” is an invitation for my participation in His Mission and my Transformation!
Matthew 11 28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
Matthew 11 28-30 “Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly.”
We “Join Jesus” in our Transformation by engaging in “unforced rhythms of grace”!
· “Engaging in Rhythms” is a freeing and inspiring way to grasp how spiritual formation actually happens in the kingdom of God.
· Transformation is much more about “training well” than “trying hard”!
· Spiritual Rhythms are Holy Spirit encounters – making room for God to work in us.
· Some rhythms are “essential commands” others can be “creative options”!
(Think “together & alone”, “daily & weekly”!)
· What is a great next step for me?
Solitude, Scripture, Prayer – Guide
Find a quiet place and 15 minutes. Solitude (5) … … …Ask the Holy Spirit to speak! Scripture (5) Listen, reread, dwell, notice words & phrases you are drawn to! Ask, “Jesus, what are You saying? What are You asking me to believe about You and me? How do I join You today on Your mission and in my transformation?”…… Pray (5)
DAILY SCRIPTURE READINGS:
Monday: Matthew 11:25-30
Tuesday: 1 Corinthians 9:24-26
Wednesday: Psalm 42:1-5
Thursday: John 14:23-27
Friday: John 15:5-8
Saturday: Psalm 95