John 10 10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.
Ephesians 6 10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and re-quests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.
Colossians 1 13 For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, 14 in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins……2 15 And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross.
James 4 7 Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
1 Peter 5 6 Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. 7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. 8 Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. 9 Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings.
Significant Realities to Embrace
1. Evil is real and significantly affects me and my family!
2. Jesus was and is victorious over Evil!
3. In Jesus and in His Name I can bring His victory to bear in my life and domain! Prayer is a significant weapon to use in the battle.
· I can use prayer to put on the armor, “submit to God”, “stand firm in the faith”!
· I can use prayer to shut down evil’s access through my own brokenness and the broken people that affect me!
· I can use prayer to take the offensive, to “resist the devil”, “bind”, “banish”, “renounce” and “come against” the forces of evil in Jesus name!
There are some helpful prayer resources at:
· the Connection’s Center in the commons and
· www.ransomedheart.com under “Prayers that Work”
WEEKLY SCRIPTURE READINGS
Monday: Luke 10:1-3, 17-20
Tuesday: Ephesians 6:10-13
Wednesday: Ephesians 6:14-18
Thursday: Luke 8:27-33
Friday: Matthew 4:1-11
Saturday: Psalm 18:37-40